I don't know how many of you remember my post about a month ago on my frustration on getting Katy ready and out the door to the sitters in the mornings...luckily Todd and I revised our morning plan (which now includes him!!) and it's been working out fabulously!
He now gets the pleasure of waking her up and gets her situated in the family room with her entourage...blanket, pillow, teddy bear, baby Brooke and as always her ni-night! She watches an episode of Blue's Clues and when that show is over I'm ready and its time for hair, shoes and coat. She's a lot like me, she needs her time to wake up and take on the day. She doesn't like to speak or move until her first cup of juice!
With that said, our conversations in the car on the way to Dru's are not filled with fighting or apologizing anymore and are usually filled with something funny I can reflect on throughout the day while at work. A great and HUGE improvement. Today's in particular cracked me up!!!
Katy: "Mommy, will you turn on the music?"
Me: "Ok"
--Now usually country music is her 1st choice but today that didn't satisfy her so...
Katy: "Can you change the station please? I don't like that song!"
Me: "What do you want listen to?"
Katy: "How about PPPPPokerface?"
Me: "Excuse me, what song did you want to hear?"
I'm not the kind of Mom that listens to kids music in the car...I'll put it on if requested, but usually Katy listens to what I listen to and is content with that. We listen to everything from country, pop, rock, you name it - I like variety!! It just amazes me what she picks up and what sticks in her brain!!
Iberostar Paraiso Maya Mexico Vacation
3 weeks ago
1 comment:
I love that the mornings are so much better for you all! She is such a cutie pie Suz!
Post a Comment